Saturday, April 10, 2010

Easter Sunday

Easter Sunday we had a very good and busy day. The morning started with an Easter egg hunt in the house. Emma and Bryson sat eagerly on the steps waiting for the hunt to begin. They both took their time and had a lot of fun. At the end of the egg hunt, Emma found her Easter basket hiding behind Koto (the giant dinosaur). Bryson found his basket, after several hints, hiding behind the shopping cart beside the trampoline.
We then had a quick breakfast and attempted to take some pictures before leaving for church. They all looked so cute in their Easter clothes! Dylan was pretty fussy most of the day (due to the double ear infection he was diagnosed with the day before), but he did manage a few happy moments throughout the day.
This was not one of those happy moments! He was crying because I had put him down. He was following me around the house, pulling on my legs, and looking incredibly sad.
I took the kids outside to take a few more pictures. The kids were very cooperative this morning... was it luck, or the fact that I let them eat candy while I took the pictures?
I love this shot of Bryson. He has a mark on his chin, which he (of course) got the day before!
My pretty girl
It is our tradition to take a few pictures of the kids with the Easter flowers at the front of the church. Unfortunately I left my regular camera lens at home and the kids didn't stay still for long- this was the best group shot I ended up with.
cousins: Bryson, Logan, Hannah, Emma, Tyler, and Dylan
After church we headed to my mother in law's house for Easter with the Ferricks' side of the family. Jeff's sister was unable to come out for the weekend, but Jeff's brother and his wife were there with their kids. This is a picture of the Ferricks cousins minus Dylan.
Jessica, Jason, Emma, and Bryson
Jessica- my first niece- 9 1/2 years old
Jason- born just 5 days after Emma
The kids had a nice egg hunt outside, we ate dinner, got presents from Grammy, and Jeff took the quad up the street for a spin. Later we took the kids for a walk and ended up at the local playground. Dylan loved the big slide and went down several times- head first is his favorite way to go!
On our walk with the kids I took a few pictures of Jeff, my handsome husband. This is just two days after getting home from Europe. Despite the jet lag he was a real trooper with all the activities we had going on for our Easter celebration weekend.
Matthew 28:5-6, 20
The angel said to the women, "Do not be afraid, for I know you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. He is not here; he has RISEN; just as he said."... then Jesus came to them and said... "And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

No comments:

Post a Comment