Friday, April 16, 2010

Emma is 5!

My baby girl is FIVE years old today! The past five years have just flown by. It is hard to believe that she will be going to school in the fall. Emma is such a sweet little girl. She is very nurturing, loving, caring, and silly too. This year for her birthday party I am going to (attempt to) make Barbie doll cake- the kind where the cake is the dress. I think she'll like it!
4th birthday- Caillou theme
I made the cake for Emma and Bryson's combined birthday party to look like Caillou. One of the gifts that they got was remote control cars. I didn't do much for favors and games this year since Dylan was just a month old at the time.

3rd birthday- Dora theme
Emma was really into Dora, so I decided to go with a Dora theme. I ordered her cake, and I made cupcakes as well. I used toothpicks and colored construction paper to make flags for the cupcakes. I put a Dora sticker on each flag. I also bought purple lunch bags and painted faces on them so that they would look like Backpack. Then I filled the Backpack bags with different Dora goodies for favors. I also printed a picture of Dora from the Internet and had it enlarged at Staples. After coloring the picture in I made several Maps and the kids played "pin the Map on Backpack." Some of the presents this year included a bounce house and a bike.
2nd birthday- Elmo theme
Emma really loved Elmo, so I created her birthday theme around him. I ordered her cake, but I bought red favor bags and painted them to look like Elmo. I also made wrappers for Hershey bars with pictures of Elmo and information about Emma's birthday on it. Emma got a slide from us for her birthday. Jeff later built a swing set for it, but she enjoyed sliding down it in the living room with Jeff and Grandpa held it up! Possibly her favorite gift of the night was her scooter. She rode her scooter all over the house.
1st birthday- Easter bunny theme
Emma's first birthday was on Easter Sunday. We celebrated a weekend early. I made her cake to look like a bunny, and we had Easter themed favors. She got lots of gifts that she loved including her princess couch, piggy bank, busy gears, and a wagon.
6 months- pumpkin patch
Minutes old
April 16, 2005
7 pounds 6 ounces, 19 inches long
born 3:57pm after 9 1/2 hours of labor- it was a very easy labor and delivery. I did have an epidural, which I loved, and only ended up with 1 stitch. (this picture is sideways, not sure why)

Sonogram in December at about 21 weeks along
Psalm 139:13-14
"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well."

No comments:

Post a Comment