Wednesday, June 3, 2009

My BIG Boy!



Before Dylan was born we moved Bryson into his new room. We didn't feel as though he was quite ready to be in a real bed, so we borrowed a crib from Jeff's brother to put in his room. He has been sleeping in his crib without any problems- he isn't climbing out or anything. The twin bed has also been set up in Bryson's new room, he just hasn't been sleeping in it.
Yesterday, Bryson decided that he was ready for the big move! We were playing downstairs when I told Bryson that he had 5 more minutes until nap time. He responded by saying "Ni Ni," meaning "night night," and then he disappeared. I found Bryson in his room, in his BIG BOY BED! I then asked him if he wanted to sleep in his bed and he responded by saying "Beh," and nodded his head. So I kissed him, said goodnight, and then I left closing the door behind me.
I was certain that Bryson would find his way out of bed and either try to escape from his room or just get up and play. I waited outside of his room and peeked under the door. There wasn't even a peep that came from him. He simply fell asleep!! He slept for 3 hours (his norm is from 3-4), and then he just walked downstairs.
After bath that night, Jeff told Bryson that it was time for bed. Bryson again took off. Jeff found him again in his BIG BOY BED! So Jeff said goodnight to him and closed the door. Bryson again just fell asleep. He woke up at 8am this morning. This time he was stuck in his room because I had put a safety cover on his door knob. I listened for a few minutes as he tried to figure out the doorknob. When that failed he called for me instead: "ma maaaaa!"
So far the transition into a big boy bed has gone better than I had expected, and sooner than I had expected! Hopefully this will continue and we can take the crib down!

No comments:

Post a Comment